Now that I have this wiki, and my website, and Twitter, and Swhack, it’s not entirely clear where I should publish what.
- My website is probably to be kept for articles, of exactly the kind which I already write with insufficient frequency.
- This wiki is for rough notes, ill-thought-out ideas, advice.
- Swhack is for thinking out loud and sharing links.
- Twitter can be almost entirely disregarded. Twitter is stupid (cf. discussion with Kragen).
One way to look at it is:
- My website is a set of immutable articles (I very rarely modify pages once they’ve been published there — I think only two of them have been changed since I published them).
- My wiki is a set of mutable articles.
- Swhack is an immutable (append-only) scroll.
- There is no mutable scroll. If I had one, I might call it a ’blog’, though I don’t really see the value in such a thing.